AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, July 24, 2014

FIRE!!

There's never a dull moment!  About 10:10, this evening, I heard shouting down in the parking lot.  Some guy yelling "Diesel fuel in back, diesel fuel in back!!!"  I could hear sirens approaching and decided I'd best get up and check.

I flew to the window and saw the dumpster engulfed in flames and, indeed, the big diesel fuel tank is right beside it, all right below my apartment.  Two fire trucks arrived in the alley and started dousing the blaze with water.
 
It took, what seemed like, forever to get it out but they did and they're still down there making sure it's completely out.
 
That should keep me awake for a while.  The fire plus a stuffed up head from allergies might make for a "sleepless in La Crosse" night!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER