AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, September 20, 2013

The temperature at 5:00 AM was 66.

Not bad, I thought, considering we're almost into October.  Then I looked at the forecast and they say todays high will be 65.  Actually, that's still not bad for late September.  It's the rest of the forecast I don't like.

Winds will be out of the north at 15 to 20 MPH this afternoon.  We could get gusts as high as 30 MPH and there's a 20% chance for rain this afternoon.  If we get rain it will be between 1 and 2 PM.  How can I be so sure of that?  That's when I'll be on my way to the clinic for my appointment.

Yesterday I got my exercise walking to Festival.  When I left the house the sun was shining.  When I got a block beyond the Post Office it started to rain.  There was ONE cloud in the sky with blue sky all around.  I was under the cloud. The rain was coming out of that one cloud and it followed me all the way to Festival.  As soon as I got to the Festival parking lot the cloud moved away and the sun came out.

I had no umbrella.  Did I shop in wet clothes with Festivals air conditioning going at full blast?  YES!

That's how I know it will rain between 1PM and 2PM this afternoon.  That's when those winds will be at their "gustiest" too.

Somebody up there absolutely delights in pissing me off.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER