AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

DIET SODA AND BOOZE

For those of you who still drink huge amounts of booze (that used to be everyone I knew) science has a new warning for you.  The booze is fine but STAY AWAY FROM THE DIET SODA!

A new study finds that people who drank vodka with diet soda had breath alcohol concentrations that were 18% higher than folks who drank their vodka with regular soda.  The diet soda drinkers also had much slower reaction times than the regular soda and vodka drinkers.

Well, that's one thing I did right.  I never could stand the taste of those diet sodas.

By the way, if this study is correct, I'm thinking that it's not the booze that gets you into trouble.  It's the mix, baby.  I wish I had known that 50 years ago.  I would have skipped the mix altogether.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER