AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, September 27, 2012

RITA AND ROGER STOPPED BY

Roger had an appointment with the eye doctor.  They also brought me a surprise.  A BIG PIECE OF BLUEBERRY PIEThe whole pie would have been better but I'll take what I can get!  I'll have that before I go to bed tonight.

By the way, bedtime is getting earlier by the day.  When the sun goes down, so do I.  That's one thing I learned from Dad.  He always said, when it gets dark you go to bed.  And, we did.

Sometimes we stayed up a little longer to listen to Jack Benny or something.  Yes, I said listen.

Back in those days, we hadn't even SEEN a TV....until "Cornie" got some in his appliance store on the south side of town.  He had quite a crowd one Sunday afternoon and we all watched TV for the first time.  The signal was coming all the way from Sioux City.  It was more "snow" than picture but we thought it was a miracle. 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER